Monday, October 10, 2011

Getting settled and making appointments

     
     Busy, busy, busy, that is what has been happening in the last week.  God has been working through these efforts.  I have spent the last week planning a work day at the building and getting deputation appointments made.  

     We have the key to the building and are making plans on November 5th to have a work day.  There is a lot of work needed to the building to get it ready to meet in.  First we have to gut the whole place to make room for a sanctuary.  Then we have to get it put back together.  We are asking all that can help to come on November 5th to lend a hand in tearing down walls and cleaning the mess up.

     I have been working all week to get appointments set for deputation.  So far I have somewhere to be every Sunday through the rest of the month.  Also November is starting to fill up.  Our schedule looks like this so far. October 15th - 16th we will be in Sheridan Indiana.  October 23rd we will be with Landmark in Bedford in the Morning and then Landmark In Indianapolis that evening.  Then October 29th and 30th we will be at Mt Calvery in Marion Indiana.  On the Evening of the 30th we will be at Faith Baptist Church In Greenwood Indiana.  We ask that you pray for these churches to catch the vision and support the work that God is doing in Brownstown.

     This week I hope to get with the town to verify what we need to continue to move forward.  Please pray for the town to be excited and open to what God is bringing to Brownstown.  I also ask that you pray for a family that we are in contact with, that God will continue to burden their hearts to be a part of this church.  This family is having a difficult time adjusting to a new life away from worldly influence.  My prayer is that God will give them courage and strength to carry forward.  Most of all I pray for God to convict the hearts of the naysayers to come to him in salvation.

     A little from my own heart;  I am praying that God will continue to show me the direction he is leading.  I want to be a tool used of him.  My prayer is that God will provide the finances to see this mission move forward, and to see lives changed through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.  My desire is to teach the people of Brownstown about the joy that only comes through a relationship with Jesus Christ.

 
     I will be praying for all that are reading this and hope that you return the gesture and pray for the work that God is doing in Brownstown.  Have a wonderful week!!!

Bro. Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment