Monday, October 3, 2011

On you mark, Get Set, Go!


     Well this past Sunday I kicked off deputation with the church that has been called home to my family and I for the last year and a half.  Victory MBC has been a wonderful place to serve God.  They have been prayerfully supporting my family and I for many years.  This is the church that I surrendered to the full time Gospel ministry, and was ordained at.  Pastor Kenny Roberson has been a wonderful support to me personally for some time.  I am excited to see where God is leading Victory.  Please pray for them as they continue to minister to the people of Seymour, Ind.
   
     As I reflect on the past five to six years and what Victory MBC and I have been a part of, it has caused me to rejoice in what God has done through them to bring us to where we are today.   It is exciting to see God move in many ways. 

     I had a strange thing happen to me this week.  As I was getting ready to finish preperations on my sermon notes for Sunday morning, I turned on my computer and all my previous notes were gone, disappeared, vanished, no where to be found.  I panicked as this was at 10:30 Saturday night.  It left me wondering why this could have happened.  I thought that maybe it was God trying to tell me that wasn't what he wanted me to preach.  So I started a pot of coffee, set down and started to pray. After some time in prayer, I really felt that, that was the message that God wanted me to preach.  So I started the notes all over again.  I figured Satan didn't want me to preach that message because it was on people putting their faith into action through witnessing to others.  I must say I am glad I stuck with that sermon.  God truly blessed my heart, and used that message to challange me, and the people at Victory.

     As I was preaching Sunday morning a lady that was visiting Victory stopped me in the middle of my sermon to ask me a question concerning my conviction about spreading God's word in the workplace.  That was a first.  I answered her question. At the end of service she came to me and wanted to know more about My convictions and asked that my wife and I pay her a visit to talk some more.  She lives in Seymour but pray for her. I will be getting with her this week to share more.

     This weekend I had the oppurtunity to spend some time with some very dear friends.  These people have been a true blessing to my family and I.  The Long family invited us to a cookout on Saturday and what a blessing it was.  Their daughter Emily graduated last spring and this was an event to celebrate that  occasion.  It had been postponed 3 different times.
  
     Through this event I was able to make a great contact for the work in Brownstown.  There was a family of seven people there that I had the oppurtunity to talk to. They seem to be looking for a church in Brownstown that was grounded on God's word and not something to just make you feel good. God's timing is great.  The father gave me his contact information and asked me to stay in touch with him.  Pray for this family as they seek God's will. 

     Pray for us this week as we continue to make deputation appointments, and start making calls about the building renovations.  Thanks for reading and may God Bless your work week!

Bro. Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment